Tuesday, October 16, 2012

concept of concept



I don't really like where it's going! I was aiming to create the depth out of something that's not actually a landscape, building... or other typical location. I'm also going for a playful mood that leans a little bit toward illustration, possibly centering around an action or cinematic moment. I posted a few images I found on CG society that seem to combine all that.

So, the tentacle things are supposed to be neurons but... more dramatic? I think it just turned out too much like a vague sci-fi or fantasy thing, and I couldn't find a way to integrate them in anything other than open space or a web. So I might develop some of the other sketches.


1 comment:

  1. I like your work a lot. Organic and unusual. An open metaphor like this can be many things: animal, mineral, vegetable, and the scale's ambiguity works for it too. You might want to dig into darks a bit more and see what you find there. Increase contrast a bit? Try it. At the large scale at which this will be printed you may need to take a look at the surface of your pink subject. Look at it print size on the computer. Is it working? Just wondering. Don't move on to another subect, except to perhaps integrate them into this as "subplots" perhaps. Good work.

    ReplyDelete